Sunday, July 6, 2008

July 6, 2008 - Brady Coleman

My Influences:



Brady Coleman
guitar, fiddle, acting, marrying, lawyering


Today's bit rounds out the original Uncle Smithee's Big Jug Band line-up.
Brady Coleman was one of the three who responded to the ever-intrepid Wags Macklin's "BASS (Washtub)" ad in the Austin Chronicle. That was my introduction to this wonderful human being.

What I remember about my first hangs with Brady is the incredible lightness of spirit that he brought with him. In an entirely effortless manner, he walked into the room and, somehow, made my troubles (if not everyone's troubles) weigh very much less.
There's just something about the way Brady carries himself and what he wants to give to the world. It was and is always a pleasure to be in his company, let alone hold a conversation with him or play music with him or listen to and/or watch him perform. It was and is a spiritually healing hang, too!


When Brady hosts Jug Band jams at his place, he's kind, gracious and generous. When he swings by for jams at our place or any other place, he's the very same. Wherever he goes, he's kind, gracious and generous.


Brady's also been a great sounding board. He's always given me an open ear as well as intelligent advice. He's a true friend and truly great person; so much so, that Lauryn and I asked him to be an officiant (along with brother Craig) for our wedding. (Should you ever want a two-officiant marrying team for your wedding, these are the guys to do it!)

Brady, you are incredible! Thanks for the great music, great friendship, great officiating and great inspiration in the past and in the future. You are the person more of us should be!

Some links:
IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0170952/
Fancy Resume: http://www.actorsclearinghouse.com/oncam/male/bradycoleman.html
Melancholy Ramblers: http://www.melancholyramblers.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------

"In a man's mind, his face is on his arm because he wears his heart on his sleeve."
~ E. Hayes, June 2008

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
Music has been, at the very least, a truly notable part of most of my life. It was guitar in the late '80s through the '90s, playing the punk rock and death metal until the uilleann pipes came along to show me Irish music. Somewhere in the midst of the pipering madness, I decided to pick up a string bass. Next thing I knew, I was in Austin, TX studying traditional jazz and playing string bass full-time. Music has been good to me and continues to show me the good things in life. With this blog, I hope to share some of those good things (more than likely, I'll probably share some rants, too). I hope you get something from it, even if it's just a good laugh (with me or at me: your choice).