Sunday, March 1, 2009

March 1, 2009 - Pam

My Influences:


Pamela Brewer
yoga instruction, guidance

During a discussion about staying in shape while touring, my old pal, Beau, argued that one can't always use a gym or swim laps, and running, while a sure thing just about anywhere, is sometimes not the safest bet. However, there is always enough space in a hotel room for a yoga practice.
I had no experience with yoga but Beau promised that I could get a good start at the "free" class Ruta Maya offered. So, one morning not too long after this discussion, Beau dropped a line and I headed over to meet him at the coffee house.
I'm quite glad for that call and even happier to have found such a great guide through the world of yoga! (Thanks Beau!)

Pamela Brewer is this great guide. Of course, she leads the morning classes at Ruta Maya and has done so for the last five years. Her classes are warm and inviting. If present and involved, one could walk away having learned quite a bit from her instruction and direction.
I have; that's for sure!

Pam has certainly shared with me so much about the physical, mental and, spiritual practice of yoga. She has also presented herself as a great example of the well-rounded benefits of the application of a yoga practice to everything in life.
We've shared a number of great conversations on the more important stuff in life ... health, happiness, social responsibility, gratitude, light-heartedness, etc. (... you know, the same stuff I talk about every week). At the end of these conversations, I walk away feeling like my head's a little more together.
What's more? She offers all this freely, happily, and without judgement of any kind.

Pam, you have been and, I'm sure, will continue to be a great guide on my yoga path and in life in general. I am truly grateful!
Thank you and see you at Ruta Maya!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All night long, I dreamed of pretty girls and candy. Life is great!"
~ Alexander High

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
Music has been, at the very least, a truly notable part of most of my life. It was guitar in the late '80s through the '90s, playing the punk rock and death metal until the uilleann pipes came along to show me Irish music. Somewhere in the midst of the pipering madness, I decided to pick up a string bass. Next thing I knew, I was in Austin, TX studying traditional jazz and playing string bass full-time. Music has been good to me and continues to show me the good things in life. With this blog, I hope to share some of those good things (more than likely, I'll probably share some rants, too). I hope you get something from it, even if it's just a good laugh (with me or at me: your choice).