Sunday, August 10, 2008

Aug. 10, 2008 - Frank Meyer

My Influences:



Frank Meyer
guitar, ukulele, string bass, voice, songwriting, natural building, all-around good human

Friends, meet a guy who cares about the good things in life. Meet a guy who is looking out for the future of the planet and the good folks who live here. Meet a guy who is a great talent.

I met Frank a number of years ago. Somebody played a cold-hearted practical joke on Frank by giving him my information and telling him that I would be a good bassist for a couple of gigs. As it turns out, Frank is a glutton for punishment and has hired me many times since.

Frank is a wonderful songwriter! His tunes are all good fun as well as meaningful; what could be better?
Not only are his tunes wonderful, his delivery of his tunes is fantastic! Frank has a great voice and a natural ability to perform his material with very little effort and quite a bit of heartfelt grace.

Frank is not just a great songwriting musicianer!
He is a hardworking builder. Mr. Meyer is a veteran natural builder; by that I mean Frank builds environmentally conscious structures using sustainable material and ecologically sound practices.
He has even organized a Natural Building Colloquium here in Texas.

Frank walks the high ground; I'm proud to know him and call him a friend. He is really trying to (and does) make a difference in the world and really trying to help others do the same! Furthermore, (and very important to me!) he does it all in very good humour. Frank smiles with his head, hands, and heart.

Thank you very much, Frank!


Some links:

Frank's website (music and building): http://www.thangmaker.com/
For Sale: http://www.thangmaker.com/merchandise.htm
Natural Building Colloquium Texas 2007 - http://www.naturalbuildingtexas.org/

--------------------------------------------------------------

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson






No comments:

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
Music has been, at the very least, a truly notable part of most of my life. It was guitar in the late '80s through the '90s, playing the punk rock and death metal until the uilleann pipes came along to show me Irish music. Somewhere in the midst of the pipering madness, I decided to pick up a string bass. Next thing I knew, I was in Austin, TX studying traditional jazz and playing string bass full-time. Music has been good to me and continues to show me the good things in life. With this blog, I hope to share some of those good things (more than likely, I'll probably share some rants, too). I hope you get something from it, even if it's just a good laugh (with me or at me: your choice).