Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dec. 1, 2008 - Emiko Takeuchi

My Influences:

Emiko Takeuchi

Lauryn went back to school a couple years ago; the idea was to acquire a more formal and deeper education (and, it was a nice idea for her to bring home all this knowledge to share: two for the price of one). She is still doing all this (with gusto) but she has also made a wonderful connection with an amazing person who has since become family to us.

Emiko Takeuchi also decided to go back to school a couple years ago, and she began another course of graduate studies in the music department at Texas State University. She and Lauryn shared two classes that year (and many since). The two befriended each other and Lauryn brought home to share with me stories of an interesting, kind, and inspirational new friend.
I was very glad to hear it and very much looking forward to meeting Emiko.
Of course, that happened soon after and I was immediately moved by Emiko's spirit.

In the few short years that have passed, Emiko has grown to be much more than just a school friend. She has inspired Lauryn and I both to continue striving to better ourselves not just by reminding us to do just that but also and, most importantly, by her beautiful example. Emiko is always doing; she is always doing her best and doesn't allow much of anything to stand in her way!

Emiko has also taken us in as adopted family. If Lauryn hints at fatigue or a common cold, our dear friend prepares a care package or insists on providing motherly love and care. She is always ready with kind praise for our indiviual efforts as well as a nurturing word for our relationship as husband and wife; she seems so happy for us in that we do!
Emiko genuinely treats us both with the love a mother shares with her children.

Personally, I'm deeply moved just to be in such an amazing woman's presence. Her experienced wisdom, proud carriage, warm kindness, loving heart, and sweet smile give me so much than what is needed to feel alive and feel a reason to be alive. It's incredible to witness how she shares her great spirit so freely; she has what seems to be more than enough for herself, as well as her own family, and Lauryn and I both ... and, I feel like she gives even more than I need!
Stunning!

Emiko, it is a great honor to consider you part of my family. I hold your warmth, kindness, and friendship very close to my heart. I am ever grateful for you generosity; you share so much with Lauryn and I, we are both so very lucky to have you in our lives! We love you so very much!

Domo arigato gozaimasu.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
~ Winston Churchill

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
Music has been, at the very least, a truly notable part of most of my life. It was guitar in the late '80s through the '90s, playing the punk rock and death metal until the uilleann pipes came along to show me Irish music. Somewhere in the midst of the pipering madness, I decided to pick up a string bass. Next thing I knew, I was in Austin, TX studying traditional jazz and playing string bass full-time. Music has been good to me and continues to show me the good things in life. With this blog, I hope to share some of those good things (more than likely, I'll probably share some rants, too). I hope you get something from it, even if it's just a good laugh (with me or at me: your choice).