Friday, June 27, 2008

April 14, 2008 - Darth Vader

My Influences:



Darth Vader
Dark Lord of the Sith, all-around cool guy


Darth Vader is the coolest. He could certainly take out Super Man, Under Dog, Capt. America and George Lucas (that's just the short list, folks.)
As far back as I can remember, I have enjoyed Star Wars and, obviously, Darth Vader. I think he is a great example of a driven character, full of discipline and willing to adhere to a code.

Furthermore, Ralph McQuarrie, the artist behind the visualization of our hero, has inspired me. Without this extremely talented artist, we would not have the wonderful artistic imagery given to us through Star Wars (despite George Lucas' miserable attempts to sully his own creation.)



Above is McQuarrie's concept sketches of Darth Vader. (I realize I'm a total Star Wars dork, but these images convey the early story Darth Vader even better than the final image we carry of the hero. It's genius. Trust me.)

So, there you have it. Darth Vader! I've always looked up to him and will continue to do so.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Behind the ostensible government, sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the People."
~ Theodore Roosevelt



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
Music has been, at the very least, a truly notable part of most of my life. It was guitar in the late '80s through the '90s, playing the punk rock and death metal until the uilleann pipes came along to show me Irish music. Somewhere in the midst of the pipering madness, I decided to pick up a string bass. Next thing I knew, I was in Austin, TX studying traditional jazz and playing string bass full-time. Music has been good to me and continues to show me the good things in life. With this blog, I hope to share some of those good things (more than likely, I'll probably share some rants, too). I hope you get something from it, even if it's just a good laugh (with me or at me: your choice).