Thursday, June 26, 2008

July 16, 2007 - Marc Brozik



Marc Brozik (Spring 1967)

Marc Brodzik is an amazing artist, a good friend and a great inspiration.
Had I decided to go to art school instead of killing machine school, I would be involved in artistic endeavors similar to that of this talented man.

I met Marc at the Philadelphia Folk Fest in 1997. He raved about The J.P. Daniels Band and used us at his art openings and parties. He also got us into a number of clubs as well as spread our name throughout his considerable circle within the city.
The J.P. Daniels Band had a short run but my friendship with Marc has lasted. His art, the important messages he is trying to share through that art, and his friendship and kind words inspire me greatly.

If you have the time and interest, please check out his website: http://www.brodzik.com/
He is presently involving himself with a lot of film directing. Don’t forget to check out his other work!

------------------------------------------

"Treat the Earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children."
- Native American proverb






No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
Music has been, at the very least, a truly notable part of most of my life. It was guitar in the late '80s through the '90s, playing the punk rock and death metal until the uilleann pipes came along to show me Irish music. Somewhere in the midst of the pipering madness, I decided to pick up a string bass. Next thing I knew, I was in Austin, TX studying traditional jazz and playing string bass full-time. Music has been good to me and continues to show me the good things in life. With this blog, I hope to share some of those good things (more than likely, I'll probably share some rants, too). I hope you get something from it, even if it's just a good laugh (with me or at me: your choice).