Friday, June 27, 2008

May 4, 2008 - Air

My Influences:



Air
78.08% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, .93% argon, .038% carbon dioxide, trace amounts of other gases and a variable amount (1% average) of water vapor

I can' think of something that has influenced me much more than our Earth's humble, hardworking atmosphere. I like to call it air. I know it's a bit personal but air and I go back all the way to my birth. And, it's been a great relationship!
There has never been a time I have wanted to spend time away from air. The very few instances I can remember when air and I were parted felt painful and constricting; it's a safe bet that prolonged separation from this best of friends would result in death.
Air has helped me through thick and thin and has never let me down.
As a way of thanking air for the constant companionship and steadfast assistance, I exercise very regularly - sometimes two or three times a day. In this way, air and I get to spend some very quality time together.


What's more? Air is not only here for me, air is there for every single one of us human types on the planet. Hell, air is there for every plant and animal as well as so many other biological functions on this planet! Air is just about the hardest worker and best friend to everything there could be!
To think there is no national holiday to celebrate such a wonderful gift! What's wrong with us? We celebrate all manner of silliness in our holidays but not this one thing that gives us life and fills us up? (Shame on us!)

Friends, please join me in thanking air for being there!
Air, you are truly awesome!

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force ... Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action."
~George Washington



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
Music has been, at the very least, a truly notable part of most of my life. It was guitar in the late '80s through the '90s, playing the punk rock and death metal until the uilleann pipes came along to show me Irish music. Somewhere in the midst of the pipering madness, I decided to pick up a string bass. Next thing I knew, I was in Austin, TX studying traditional jazz and playing string bass full-time. Music has been good to me and continues to show me the good things in life. With this blog, I hope to share some of those good things (more than likely, I'll probably share some rants, too). I hope you get something from it, even if it's just a good laugh (with me or at me: your choice).