Friday, June 27, 2008

April 6, 2008 - Mom

My Influences:



Jo Ann Bean-Butcher (April 8)
Mom

What more could be said than "Mom?" That should be enough to describe her, right?

As mom's are prone to do, my Mom taught me so many things.
She taught me to accept anyone and everyone who has a good heart no matter who they are, what they are, and/or where they come from.
She taught me that a lie, even a small lie, is a horrible poison that eats away at the soul - the souls of both giver and receiver.
She taught me to give freely without a thought of reciprocation.
She taught me to do good because good is the right thing to do -- not because there might be a reward.
She taught me to do my best in all things at all times.
She also taught me to pay attention to my heart.

It's terribly unfair of me to be able to write so little and so poorly about my beautiful Mom who has given and continues to give so much of herself to me through her love and guidance.
I thought about it all week but couldn't come up with the right words to share.
The one feeling that repeated itself constantly was the very deep feeling of great love in my heart. When I think of Mom, I don't think in words, I think in heartbeats.
I'll always do my best to honor Mom, to give her the respect she has earned, to do my best to shine a light on her good spirit and kind heart by following her lessons, to keep my soul healthy and point others toward that same well-being and to always follow my heart - my Mom.

Thank you, Mom.
I love you so much!

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Behind the ostensible government, sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the People."
~ Theodore Roosevelt



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
Music has been, at the very least, a truly notable part of most of my life. It was guitar in the late '80s through the '90s, playing the punk rock and death metal until the uilleann pipes came along to show me Irish music. Somewhere in the midst of the pipering madness, I decided to pick up a string bass. Next thing I knew, I was in Austin, TX studying traditional jazz and playing string bass full-time. Music has been good to me and continues to show me the good things in life. With this blog, I hope to share some of those good things (more than likely, I'll probably share some rants, too). I hope you get something from it, even if it's just a good laugh (with me or at me: your choice).