Thursday, June 26, 2008

Oct. 8, 2007 - Art Kidd

My Influences:




Art Kidd
drums, voice, ukulele

Ladies and gentlemen,

Here is a great musicianer and a great human being: Art Kidd!
He's a phenomenal drummer, a wonderful singer and a great ukulele player.

I'm lucky to have gotten a number of chances to play with such a great performer.
I'm also very lucky to have had numerous chances to sit with Art and discuss many of the finer points of living a good, caring and community-centered lifestyle.

Art plays all over town and, if you haven't been out to listen to his tasteful and thoughtful musical conversations, you might consider placing that activity on your list of priorities.
You won't be disappointed!
I know for sure that Art plays at Las Palomas http://www.laspalomasrestaurant.com/ on Wednesday evenings from 7 to 9pm with Rick McCrae, Terry Hale and Javier Chaparro (all musicians you should consider enjoying regularly!)
------ it's okay to take one week off from enjoying the Pharaohs at the Elephant Room on Wednesday evenings but only if you are enjoying Art, Rick, Terry and Javier!

Hooray for Art Kidd!!

---------------------------------------------------------------


It is part of the general pattern of misguided policy that our country is now geared to an arms economy, which was bred in an artificially induced psychosis of war hysteria and nurtured upon an incessant propaganda of fear.

~General Douglas MacArthur

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
Music has been, at the very least, a truly notable part of most of my life. It was guitar in the late '80s through the '90s, playing the punk rock and death metal until the uilleann pipes came along to show me Irish music. Somewhere in the midst of the pipering madness, I decided to pick up a string bass. Next thing I knew, I was in Austin, TX studying traditional jazz and playing string bass full-time. Music has been good to me and continues to show me the good things in life. With this blog, I hope to share some of those good things (more than likely, I'll probably share some rants, too). I hope you get something from it, even if it's just a good laugh (with me or at me: your choice).