Thursday, June 26, 2008

Nov. 11, 2007 - Veterans Day

My Influences:


(while you're at it, remember Joe Cordi's Birthday, too!)

Veterans Day Nov. 11 (1918)
Armistice Day
The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month

It's Vets Day and, to me, it's one of the most important holidays of the year. In fact, it is one of the very few real holidays of the year, in my opinion.
November Eleventh is a day set aside to honor our nation's warriors for their honorable service. It's a day to thank the folks who committed some portion of their lives to military service. It's a day to honor something of substance; something real.

So, to the Vets on this list, (and all Vets) humbly and with the utmost respect, I THANK YOU so very much for you sacrifice, your honor, your service and your noble action.

Happy Birthday Veterans Day!
Thank you Veterans!

http://www1.va.gov/opa/vetsday/

Please, take the time to thank a Vet (or two ... or all the Vets you know) today.

--------------------------------------------------------------

To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men.
~Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
Music has been, at the very least, a truly notable part of most of my life. It was guitar in the late '80s through the '90s, playing the punk rock and death metal until the uilleann pipes came along to show me Irish music. Somewhere in the midst of the pipering madness, I decided to pick up a string bass. Next thing I knew, I was in Austin, TX studying traditional jazz and playing string bass full-time. Music has been good to me and continues to show me the good things in life. With this blog, I hope to share some of those good things (more than likely, I'll probably share some rants, too). I hope you get something from it, even if it's just a good laugh (with me or at me: your choice).