Thursday, June 26, 2008

Introduction to My Influences

Since Sunday, October 15, 2006, at beginning of each week, I've been sending out an email announcing my schedule for the following week. This list has grown and, through kind prompts from some of the list members, the content of the email has matured.

A few months later I began including brief notes on how and why certain human beings influence or inspire me. Nobody complained (in fact, some folks applauded), so I continued.

A few weeks ago, a subscriber of my email list (obviously a cosmopolitan man of superior taste) sent me a suggestion that I should collect these biographies and editorials in one place so that the folks who didn't have time to follow the links that week or folks who simply want to reread an older piece might easily find the information.

So, here we are, folks. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
Music has been, at the very least, a truly notable part of most of my life. It was guitar in the late '80s through the '90s, playing the punk rock and death metal until the uilleann pipes came along to show me Irish music. Somewhere in the midst of the pipering madness, I decided to pick up a string bass. Next thing I knew, I was in Austin, TX studying traditional jazz and playing string bass full-time. Music has been good to me and continues to show me the good things in life. With this blog, I hope to share some of those good things (more than likely, I'll probably share some rants, too). I hope you get something from it, even if it's just a good laugh (with me or at me: your choice).