Friday, June 27, 2008

March 10, 2008 - JD and Nicole

My Influences:



Nicole and JD (Mar. 8, 2008)
Super Double-Awesome Friends, Great Humans, Family

If you don't know them, you're missing out.
Nicole is a gifted and caring school teacher. JD is a talented and driven musicianer.
Both are kind and generous. Both are warm and light-hearted.
JD has been one of my closest friends for most of the time I've lived in Austin. He's helped me grow as a musicianer; he's helped me grow as human being.
Nicole has been a great friend for almost as long. She's been a wonderfully supportive friend with an open, listening ear and always the right words.

This is horribly short and much less than either of these beautiful people deserves. It will have to suffice that I have done something right in my life that has granted me such amazing friends.

You guys are the truest of friends and I am eternally grateful! You guys are my family; I carry you in my heart wherever I go and use what you have taught and shared with me as a measurement for what is good.
Everyone should have inspirations and influences like you!

My heartiest Congratulations and all of my love!

--------------------------------------------------------------

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people."

~Frank Kent



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
Music has been, at the very least, a truly notable part of most of my life. It was guitar in the late '80s through the '90s, playing the punk rock and death metal until the uilleann pipes came along to show me Irish music. Somewhere in the midst of the pipering madness, I decided to pick up a string bass. Next thing I knew, I was in Austin, TX studying traditional jazz and playing string bass full-time. Music has been good to me and continues to show me the good things in life. With this blog, I hope to share some of those good things (more than likely, I'll probably share some rants, too). I hope you get something from it, even if it's just a good laugh (with me or at me: your choice).