Friday, June 27, 2008

March 16, 2008 - Richard Bowden

My Influences:



Richard Bowden
Fiddle, brains, push, great human


Some of you may know Richard Bowden from his years of playing in Austin and elsewhere with many great bands. He's quite a remarkable musicianer; able to play music in any situation and able to do it well with a good heart and up-beat attitude.
For that alone, I consider Richard a great influence in my life and on my playing.

Richard not only plays music from a great place - his warm and caring heart, he works very hard to bring the community together through that music. He gives so much selflessly with the hopes of convincing the citizens of this city (or whatever audience that may be paying attention) to wake up, become responsible and take an active part in reclaiming (earning) our lives from the corporate greed that has stolen everything that holds any real value.
(Feel free to notice the quote at the bottom of this email)

... and he does all of this humbly, asking for nothing in return (except for maybe a little honest community togetherness and upright function.)

And that, friends, is what makes a great influence an even greater inspiration!

Thank you, Richard for pointing towards a good path that we should all study well!
I really can't thank you enough for all you've done, all you do and all you will, no doubt, be doing in the future.
It's truly an honor to know you and to call you a friend.

Hopefully, there won't be a need for a parade next year!


http://www.instrumentsforpeace.org/

--------------------------------------------------------------

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people."
~Frank Kent



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
Music has been, at the very least, a truly notable part of most of my life. It was guitar in the late '80s through the '90s, playing the punk rock and death metal until the uilleann pipes came along to show me Irish music. Somewhere in the midst of the pipering madness, I decided to pick up a string bass. Next thing I knew, I was in Austin, TX studying traditional jazz and playing string bass full-time. Music has been good to me and continues to show me the good things in life. With this blog, I hope to share some of those good things (more than likely, I'll probably share some rants, too). I hope you get something from it, even if it's just a good laugh (with me or at me: your choice).