Friday, June 27, 2008

March 3, 2008 - Dr. Ron Paul

My Influences:



Dr. Ron Paul (Aug. 20, 1935)
U.S. Representative, Doctor, honest American

As some of you know, I enjoy studying the founding of our country and its founders.
Those that laid that ground work for this country were good folks with serious ideas; they worked hard, sacrificed and gave it their all.
I try to live by the principles those founders attempted to instill in us as individuals and as a nation.
I also find myself asking again and again and again, "Why don't we have "elected" leaders like that in our time?" The answer I give myself: Dr. Ron Paul.

Ron Paul may not be a founder of this country but he most certainly tries to live up to their standards. He strives for honesty and openness in his public service. He strives for privacy for his constituency. He strove to uphold our now defunct U.S. Constitution. (1787 - 2006 R.I.P.) and strives to restore our highest law to its former glory.
I don't like politics and all the usual evil that politicians do in the name of "helping" America. I don't appreciate the duplicity with which politicians normally speak. I don't care for the lies and the corruption and the greed that run so rampantly through our "elected" governing body. Furthermore, it sickens me to know that through laziness and apathy and/or by mass manipulation, we, as a People, have been so complacent about these horrible, "accepted" characteristics of politics and politicians.

Although, the timing is rather questionable - and, I apologize for it - I'm not writing about Dr. Paul this week because election day is right around the corner (we all know he isn't going to get nominated!) I'm writing because he is so fresh in mind - 'tis the season, you know!
I'm writing about the good doctor because, more importantly than this man getting nominated to run for and elected to our nation's highest office, I feel he is a great example of someone trying to rise above the accepted standards. To me, he is fighting a system that has too long been in control of our minds and hearts, individually and as a nation. And, I can't say this enough, he is the most honest person in my awareness serving our nation's "elected" government.
Honesty! I love honesty!

Folks, it's my hope that you'll vote this Tuesday. It is not my hope that you will vote for Ron Paul. For that matter, it's not my hope that you will vote for Clinton, Obama or McCain. I don't want to know who will get your vote and I don't want to tell you who received mine -- that stuff doesn't matter! (It's all rigged anyway.)
I do hope that you will take a moment to study Ron Paul's career and note his attempts to enlighten his constituency and any interested parties. And, I do hope that you will take his example and question the hell out of YOUR government and YOUR "elected" representatives and DEMAND better representation as well as take some real responsibility in governing your own lives so that we don't need to "elect" corruptible citizens to do it for us.

Some valuable links on Dr. Ron Paul:
www.house.gov/paul
http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/

Open Secrets is a great place to do some facts checking:
http://www.opensecrets.org/
a staring point for Ron Paul: http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contrib.asp?id=N00005906&cycle=2008

--------------------------------------------------------------

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people."
~Frank Kent



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
Music has been, at the very least, a truly notable part of most of my life. It was guitar in the late '80s through the '90s, playing the punk rock and death metal until the uilleann pipes came along to show me Irish music. Somewhere in the midst of the pipering madness, I decided to pick up a string bass. Next thing I knew, I was in Austin, TX studying traditional jazz and playing string bass full-time. Music has been good to me and continues to show me the good things in life. With this blog, I hope to share some of those good things (more than likely, I'll probably share some rants, too). I hope you get something from it, even if it's just a good laugh (with me or at me: your choice).