Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sept. 17, 2007 - Oliver Steck

My Influences:


Oliver Steck
trumpet, accordion, piano, dancing, entertaining

King Crazy, Super-nuts, Mr. Loopy, The Big A, Mr. Goodwrench, Squeezy Bellostein, Lord of Hell-Fire, Buddy, Not-So-Chapped Lips Steck --- this man has been called many things but never anything less than fine man.

Due to national security and, more importantly, Isle de Babes policy, I cannot print very much biographical information on Mr. Steck. What has been cleared for print is found at http://www.arsjb.com/ Please start your research there.

Oliver and I go back many, many years. Our earliest meeting, thanks to declassified photos posted at the above-mentioned site, was in 1975. We worked together on a project for a certain technology research group - Oliver applied his great scientific mind to solving many technological problems.

Oliver is a good man and a good friend. His musicianship is top-notch. His teamwork ethics are splendid.
I am absolutely thrilled to work with such an artistic force and to have such a good human being as a close friend.

If you aren't familiar with Mr. Steck, please take the time to check him out.
He plays with many folks around town besides the Jazz Babies.
Lately, he has been playing with Son y No Son at The Continental Club Gallery on Monday nights (10:30pm) and with Bob Schneider at The Saxon Pub on Monday nights (8:30pm.)
If you need an all-day accompanist to provide your personal theme music in all your daily affairs, please contact Oliver. He is the best man for the job!

Oliver, you are awesome! In your name, I shout from the tops of mountains, "BUDOS!"

-----------------------------------------------------------

"It is part of the general pattern of misguided policy that our country is now geared to an arms economy, which was bred in an artificially induced psychosis of war hysteria and nurtured upon an incessant propaganda of fear."
- General Douglas MacArthur

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States
Music has been, at the very least, a truly notable part of most of my life. It was guitar in the late '80s through the '90s, playing the punk rock and death metal until the uilleann pipes came along to show me Irish music. Somewhere in the midst of the pipering madness, I decided to pick up a string bass. Next thing I knew, I was in Austin, TX studying traditional jazz and playing string bass full-time. Music has been good to me and continues to show me the good things in life. With this blog, I hope to share some of those good things (more than likely, I'll probably share some rants, too). I hope you get something from it, even if it's just a good laugh (with me or at me: your choice).